Acupuncture Happy Hour in Ridgewood, NJ is designed to give people a chance to experience first hand, the calming Zen-like effects that acupuncture has on relaxing your body. Acupuncture can do more than just treat pain. It has the potential to transform stress into vitality. It’s been used for over 2,500 years to help people get well and stay healthy.
It’s a safe, natural, and powerful way to ease yourself into a better way of feeling. Stop in to try the prescription for a healthier, happier, and calmer you!
It’s not just a placebo effect. Researchers have discovered that acupuncture causes the body to secrete stress reducing endorphins, feel good hormones, that saturate the brain which causes relaxation in the body. People tend to produce fewer endorphins in the body, due to stress, lack of sleep, and other lifestyle factors.
Instead of grabbing a martini, you can come in during our Acupuncture Happy Hour in Ridgewood, NJ and experience for yourself how well acupuncture can relax you.
What should I expect?
- When you come in you will be greeted by one of our staff members. You will be given a short form to fill out and then your payment is collected.
- You will sign a waiver for allowing acupuncture to be performed on you. There is a short questionnaire about your health which takes two minutes to fill out.
- Bring the form up to the front desk and you will then meet our friendly acupuncturist, who will review your form go over any health issues you may be having. He or she will then go over how the procedure works and you will be informed about the details of the treatment. You will then be given a choice to sit in a chair with a pillow on your lap or to lay down on a treatment table.
- You will be asked that before your treatment, that you go to the bathroom before your treatment and to put your cell phone on silent mode so as not to disturb you or any others relaxing with their treatment.
- The areas of treatment will be discussed with you prior to your treatment. The areas that the needles go in will then be cleaned with alcohol, and sterile needles inserted into specific parts of your body to help you relax. Most of the acupuncture points will go either in the ears or on the arms and legs of the body from the elbow or knees down to the hands or feet.
- Acupuncture needles are slightly bigger than a cat whisker. You cannot sew anything with an acupuncture needle, because it is extremely thin.
- You will get a treatment for a half hour. The points selected will have a stress reducing effect. Note that the acupuncture is making a shift in your nervous system. Putting you gently in the relaxation response, the acupuncture can feel very calming and rejuvenating. You will have relaxing music played as an option to help enhance your relaxation. Just allow yourself to relax and enjoy the process.
There is a nominal fee of $10.00, payable before your session. During the summer months we are offering this service every Thursday between 1:00pm and 6:00pm. This is subject to availability and space. Please call to schedule YOUR session today. Call to confirm the best time and check on availability today! Contact us at 201-444-7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relaxation is only a step away! Contact us today and tell us you are there for the “Acupuncture Happy Hour”. We look forward to helping you.